2018 Academy Awards
The Academy of Fellows Awards Presented at Indoor Air 2018
The ISIAQ Academy of Fellows presented the 2018 Pettenkofer Award
to Professor William Nazaroff
at Indoor Air 2018 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. William Nazaroff was given the award by the Academy in recognition of his scholarly contributions toward advancing the indoor air sciences. The Pettenkofer Award is awarded triennially by the Academy to an individual in recognition of outstanding work in advancing the indoor air sciences. The Pettenkofer award, which is the Academy's highest award, honors Prof. Max von Pettenkofer as the founder of modern hygiene with his pioneering work on CO2 and IAQ.
The Academy also selected Dr. Elliott Gall
(United States) to receive the 2018 Yaglou Award
, which acknowledges outstanding work of promising young researchers within the indoor air sciences.
The Lifetime Achievement Award
for 2018 was presented to Professor David Peter Wyon
(Denmark) in recognition of the consistent, lifelong and outstanding scientific contributions to understanding the effects of indoor environment on human performance.
The Lifetime Service Award
for 2018 was presented to Hal Levin
(United States) for his exceptional contributions in service to the indoor air sciences.
Best paper awards for papers published in Indoor Air
during 2014-2016 were granted to these six papers:
- X. Zhou, Q. Ouyang, Y. Zhu, C. Feng, X. Zhang, Experimental study of the influence of anticipated control on human thermal sensation and thermal comfort, Indoor Air 24, 171-177, 2014.
- H. Salje, E.S. Gurley, N. Homaira, P.K. Ram, R. Haque, W. Petri, W.J. Moss, S.P. Luby, P. Breysse, E. Azziz-Baumgartner, Impact of neighborhood biomass cooking patterns on episodic high indoor particulate matter concentrations in clean fuel homes in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Indoor Air 24, 213-220, 2014.
- P. Lajoie, D. Aubin, V. Gingras, P. Daigneault, F. Ducharme, D. Gauvin, D. Fugler, J.M. Leclerc, D. Won, M. Courteau, S. Gingras, M.E. Héroux, W. Yang, H. Schleibinger, The IVAIRE project — A randomized controlled study of the impact of ventilation on indoor air quality and the respiratory symptoms of asthmatic children in single family homes, Indoor Air 25, 582-597, 2015.
- P. Strøm-Tejsen, D. Zukowska, P. Wargocki, D.P. Wyon, The effects of bedroom air quality on sleep and next-day performance, Indoor Air 26, 679-686, 2016.
- M.J. Mendell, E.A. Eliseeva, M.M. Davies, A. Lobscheid, Do classroom ventilation rates in California elementary schools influence. Results from a prospective study, Indoor Air 26, 546-557, 2016.
- J.C. Lorentzen, S.A. Juran, M. Nilsson, S. Nordin, G. Johanson, Chloranisoles may explain mold odor and represent a major indoor environment problem in Sweden, Indoor Air 26, 207-218, 2016.