Welcome to ISIAQ, the International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate
Click here for instructions on how to access your member profile.
ISIAQ is an international, independent, multidisciplinary, scientific, non-profit organization whose purpose is to support the creation of healthy, comfortable and productive indoor environments. We strongly believe this is achievable by advancing the science and technology of indoor air quality and climate as it relates to indoor environmental design, construction, operation and maintenance, air quality measurement and health sciences.
To find out more about us, please click here.
Indoor Air 2016 Call for Abstracts
Indoor Air 2016 will be held in Ghent, Belgium, July 3 - 8, 2016. The Organizing Committee invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the conference. They solicit 300 word abstracts for contributions on all topics within the broad field of indoor air sciences. For more information on topics and submission guidelines, please click here. Abstract submission deadline is October 15, 2015. For more conference information, please visit Indoor Air 2016.
Healthy Buildings 2015 Europe, Eindhoven, The Netherlands and huge success!
The first in our regional conference format was attended by over 400 participants. There was a wide range of plenary and technical sessions. If you didn't have the opportunity to attend this informative conference, we have made the following videos available.
To view the Public videos, please click here
- Conference Overview
- Sloan Foundation Symposium: HB2015-Europe Plenary Lecture by Miia Pitkäranta, PhD
- "Molecular Tools & Microbial Ecology of Buildings - A Practitioner's View"
ISIAQ members will have full access to all Keynote speaker videos.
*Members please log in for access to the videos
Healthy Buildings 2015 Europe
- Prof. Wouter van Marken Lichtenbelt: "To Comfort or Not to Comfort"
- Prof. Christoph van Treech: "What Does Healthy Buildings Mean in Terms of Energy Efficiency"
- Dr. Séverine Kirchner: "Improving Indoor Environment, Survival Kit for Action"
- Adrian Leaman: "Deconstructing building performance: with emphasis on needs, perceived health and productivity"
Healthy Buildings 2015 America
- Chuck Kutscher: “Climate Change: The Latest Science, Why It’s Serious, and What We Can Do About It”
- Arlene Blum: “How Science Can Impact Policy and Purchasing: Flame Retardants and other Classes of Harmful Chemicals”
- Jessica Green: “Next-generation Indoor Environmental Quality”
- Ellen Tohn: “The Role of Buildings in Health and Energy Policies”
- Bronwyn Barry: “Looking at IAQ as a Team Sport: The Passive House Playbook”
- Lan Chi Weekes: “Legionella in Building Water Systems: what do we know and what next?”
- John Adgate: “Healthy Buildings and Healthy People: What We Know and What We’d Like to Learn”
HB2015 Europe Sloan Symposium Videos
To view the videos, please click here
ISIAQ Mentorship Program
ISIAQ is excited to announce the creation of a mentorship program! Dr. Brent Stephens from
- Jeffrey Siegel: "Moisture and the Indoor Microbiome"
- Jordan Peccia: "Revolution/Evolution - DNA Sequencing To Identify Indoor Air Microorganisms"
- Kristian F. Nielsen: "Microbila Growth and Interactions on Indoor Surfaces - Microbila Secondary Metabolites and Mycotoxins"
- Maria Nunez: "Microbial Sampling in Building Surveys - What and Why are We Sampling"
- Mark Hernandez: "Optical Particle Recogntion for (Practical) Discrimiation Between Bioaerosol Classes"
- Anne Hyvärinen: "Assessment of Moisture and Mold Problems - the Finnish Example"
- Martin Täubel: "Quantitative PCR in Microbial Assessment of Indoor Spaces"
- Tiina Reponenz: "Main Principles for Bioaerosol Sampling and Analysis"
- Miia Pitkäranta: "Molecular Tools & Microbial Ecology of Buildings - A Practitioner's View"
IIT will be serving as the program coordinator.
To read more about and to sign up for the mentorship program, Please log in as a member, then click here
ISIAQ's 2015 Annual General Meeting and 2014 Annual Report to members
to download the 2014 Annual Report.
2014 Academy Awards
The 2014 Acadmeny Awards were presented at Indoor Air 2014. Click here
to find out who the winners are.
Calendar of Events
Indoor Air 2016
Ghent, Belgium, July 3-8, 2016
The Indoor Air conference series is the flagship conference of ISIAQ, a broad and multidisciplinary society for anyone dealing with indoor air related research. Indoor Air 2016’s technical program covers all research related to indoor air quality and climate: from health effects and epidemiology to source and airflow fundamentals over every possible effect that modifies both and the exposure in between.