Welcome to ISIAQ, the International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate
Click here for instructions on how to access your member profile.
ISIAQ is an international, independent, multidisciplinary, scientific, non-profit organization whose purpose is to support the creation of healthy, comfortable and productive indoor environments. We strongly believe this is achievable by advancing the science and technology of indoor air quality and climate as it relates to indoor environmental design, construction, operation and maintenance, air quality measurement and health sciences.
To find out more about us, please click here.
ISIAQ Announces New Secretariat
Effective June 6th, ISIAQ says goodbye to our long term Secretariat, Hal Levin and Gina Bendy at Building Ecology Research Group and welcomes Infinity Conference Group, Inc. as the new Secretariat. The new Secretariat team includes Doreen Albertson, Secretariat Director; Pam Jensen, Membership Director; and Gaye Freese, Administrative and Membership Services Coordinator. We are confident that we are in capable hands and are looking forward to working with Doreen Albertson and her team.
Email contact will remain the same - ISIAQ Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Contact Information:
- Phone 1-703-925-9455 x-124 between 9 AM and 5 PM U.S. Eastern time.
- Fax 1-703-925-9453
- Mailing address: ISIAQ Secretariat, c/o Infinity Conference Group, 1035 Sterling Road, Suite 202, Herndon, VA 20170, USA
Healthy Buildings 2015 Europe, Eindhoven, The Netherlands huge success!
The first in our regional conference format was attended by over 400 participants. There was a wide range of plenary and technical sessions. If you didn't have the opportunity to attend this informative conference, we have made the following videos available.
To view the Public videos, please click here
- Conference Overview
- Sloan Foundation Symposium: HB2015-Europe Plenary Lecture by Miia Pitkäranta, PhD - "Molecular Tools & Microbial Ecology of Buildings - A Practitioner's View"
ISIAQ members have full access to all Keynote speaker videos.
*Members please log in for access to the videos
Healthy Buildings 2015 Europe
- Dr. Miia Pitkäranta: "Molecular Tools & Microbial Ecology of Buildings - A Practitioner's View"
- Prof. Wouter van Marken Lichtenbelt: "To Comfort or Not to Comfort"
- Prof. Christoph van Treech: "What Does Healthy Buildings Mean in Terms of Energy Efficiency"
- Adrian Leaman: "Deconstructing building performance: with emphasis on needs, perceived health and productivity"
- Dr. Séverine Kirchner: "Improving Indoor Environment, Survival Kit for Action"
Healthy Buildings 2015 America
- Chuck Kutscher: “Climate Change: The Latest Science, Why It’s Serious, and What We Can Do About It”
- Arlene Blum: “How Science Can Impact Policy and Purchasing: Flame Retardants and other Classes of Harmful Chemicals”
- Jessica Green: “Next-generation Indoor Environmental Quality”
- Ellen Tohn: “The Role of Buildings in Health and Energy Policies”
- Bronwyn Barry: “Looking at IAQ as a Team Sport: The Passive House Playbook”
- Lan Chi Weekes: “Legionella in Building Water Systems: what do we know and what next?”
- John Adgate: “Healthy Buildings and Healthy People: What We Know and What We’d Like to Learn”
HB2015 Europe Sloan Symposium Videos
To view the videos, please click here
ISIAQ Mentorship Program
ISIAQ is excited to announce the creation of a mentorship program! Dr. Brent Stephens from
- Miia Pitkäranta: "Molecular Tools & Microbial Ecology of Buildings - A Practitioner's View"
- Jordan Peccia: "Revolution/Evolution - DNA Sequencing To Identify Indoor Air Microorganisms"
- Jeffrey Siegel: "Moisture and the Indoor Microbiome"
- Anne Hyvärinen: "Assessment of Moisture and Mold Problems - the Finnish Example"
- Kristian F. Nielsen: "Microbila Growth and Interactions on Indoor Surfaces - Microbila Secondary Metabolites and Mycotoxins"
- Maria Nunez: "Microbial Sampling in Building Surveys - What and Why are We Sampling"
- Tiina Reponen: "Main Principles for Bioaerosol Sampling and Analysis"
- Martin Täubel: "Quantitative PCR in Microbial Assessment of Indoor Spaces"
- Mark Hernandez: "Optical Particle Recogntion for (Practical) Discrimiation Between Bioaerosol Classes"
IIT will be serving as the program coordinator.
To read more about and to sign up for the mentorship program, Please log in as a member, then click here
ISIAQ's 2016 Annual General Meeting and 2015 Annual Report to members